Please feel free to reach out to schedule a free meet-and-greet. I offer a sliding scale and payment plans.
What does a Birth Doula do?
- Understands the anatomy and physiology of birth as well as the woman's emotional needs before, during, and after labor
- Assists the woman and family in preparing the birth preferences
- Remains with the woman/family during the labor and delivery
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures, and an unbiased impersonal viewpoint
- Helps the woman/family find informative resources and information to make her/their best decision
- Facilitates healthy communication between laboring woman, her partner, and her clinical care providers
- Allows the partner, or family, if present, to participate at their own comfort level
What do my services include?
- A complimentary interview and opportunity to meet face-to-face
- 2-3 prenatal visits to discuss and plan for birth, comfort measures, coping and the new baby.
- Support via phone or email, to answer questions and concerns about your pregnancy.
- On call 24/7 from 37 weeks until you give birth.
- Continuous support during labor.
- Postpartum support for the first two hours after birth, and help to initiate breastfeeding.
- A postpartum visit in your home and additional breastfeeding support.
- Also, offer concierge services & postpartum/breastfeeding help.
Just remember, it takes a village!